We are looking for a Business Development Manager (BDM) to join an innovative payment technology organization, to help grow the global business into new exciting areas.
This is an opportunity that will put you at the center of innovation and strategic thinking, while allowing for interaction and development across all business operations, working with the industry’s brightest minds. You will help identify, quantify and qualify future growth bets for the business that start an estimated 12 months out.
The role will give exposure to the various payment ecosystems in the industry using your business, operational and commercial acumen to create entirely new go-to-market ideas. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the payment industry and all the changes underway from Open Banking, PSD2, and the New Payment Architecture. As an individual contributor role, the individual needs enthusiasm and self-drive to work in close collaboration with all areas of the business.
- Have in-depth working knowledge of key verticals and industries including but not limited to Retail, Alternative Financial Services, Prepaid, Payment Platforms, Online Lending, Tax Services, Unbanked/Underbanked, Mobile Payments, Loyalty, Small Business and the Developer Community
- Evaluate sales opportunities, reach out to key partners and secure meetings with key decision-makers
- Develop powerful value propositions and sales pitches that leverage existing products and services, deliver immediate value and have long-term growth potential that diversifies the Company’s lines of business
- Run financial scenarios and present recommendations to the executive team
- Draft business terms and negotiate complex contractual agreements balancing the needs of partners and the Company
- Have a practical working knowledge of modern technology including retail marketing, POS acquisition, online acquisition, direct mail, and mobile advertising
- Create value by establishing strong relationships with internal/external stakeholders, executive team and industry groups
- Establish and monitor annual budget and deliver on revenue commitments
- Be curious, self-motivated, outgoing and engaging with a self-directed entrepreneurial spirit
- Have a proven history of being highly organized and detail-oriented
- Work with minimal supervision, ability to adapt and be flexible
- Motivate other team members and lead by example
We are looking for someone with a strong entrepreneurial experience who can spot commercial opportunities in a noisy landscape. Someone who knows the dynamics of the payment industry and has a keen interest in the latest tech trends and offerings.
- You will be able to hold a considered view on how new ideas could benefit the business. You will ideally have strong analytical capabilities, sharp commercial awareness, and some pragmatic, operational experience within the subscriptions and transactions SAAS business.
- You will be a completer-finisher to bring new projects on board from the initial scope of work through to contracts and roll-out.
- SAAS industry knowledge and how to grow subscription and transaction models
- Strong understanding of the payment industry and all the changes underway from Open Banking, PSD2, and the New Payment Architecture.
- Solid experience in financial services or technology; Experience in closing new business with major retail partners in the home improvement, grocery, wholesale, rent-to-own and/or insurance verticals opportunities
- Individual contributor skills who can lead and inspire matrix teams
- Excellent communication, leadership, and strategic thinking skills
- Highly organized with strong quantitative analytical skills
- Can manage ambiguity and matrixed environments
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university, preferably in business;
- Minimum of 2+ years demonstrated successful sales record as proven by reports and references in high tech, software, financial or information services industry
- Able to influence decisions and close using a proactive consultative approach
- Exceptional interpersonal verbal skills, dynamic public speaking and superior presentation skills are required
- Strategic planning experience, including the development and implementations of sales and marketing strategies
Kim Tong, Chief Operating Officer